Norway is experiencing strong growth in social responsibility

Norway is experiencing strong growth in social responsibility

From KPMG´s report on sustainability and social responsibility, it shows that Norway has the fourth largest increase in the number of companies reporting on social responsibility since the last time the survey was conducted (2013).

Part of the reason for this increase, is the legal requirement that makes it mandatory for large business in Norway to report on social responsibility. Similar legislative requirements exist in other countries, including the nine countries where more than 90% of the surveyed companies reported on sustainability and social responsibility:

– India
– Indonesia
– Malaysia
– South Africa
– United Kingdom
– France
– Japan
– Denmark
– Norway
In Norway 86% of the 100 largest companies in Norway report on social responsibility. It is measured in earnings, corporate responsibility directly in the annual report. 4% have chosen to publish their work on social responsibility in individual social responsibility reports, referring to the annual report. In overall terms this means that 90% of the largest companies in Norway report on social responsibility, which is a new record!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *